Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cooking

I've managed to cook some of my first meals last weekend. It's actually kind of cool really. And it tastes much better than microwave meals. I don't cook every night, for time constraints. But my plan right now is to cook enough on the weekends to last me through some of the meals throughout the week.

The first thing I made was beer and bratwurst. You need 2 beers, an onion, and a package of bratwurst. Put the bratwurst in the pan, chop up the onion and put that in the pan, pour one beer in the pan and turn the heat to medium until the beer and onions cook down to a syrup. Use the other beer with dinner.

The second thing I made was sausage and peppers (surprisingly good for something so simple). Take an onion, one or two peppers (a green and a colored one), chop them up and put them in the pan. Put a can of tomato paste in the pan. Fill it back up with water and put some water in the pan. Put some italian sausage in the pan. (Put a lid over the pan! A little bit of a lesson learned there) Cook that on medium for an hour and a half or so.

And remember, don't make the mistake I did of putting non-stick cookware in the dishwasher!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home